Skills for Action CPD
Presented by Pam Versfeld MSc(Physiotherapy) UCT
Movement Training for Infants with Developmental Delay
A 2-day workshop for physiotherapists and OTs
Aims of the workshop
- Review the evidence to support early diagnosis, early intervention and family centred therapy in EI.
- Review infant perceptual-motor development from a perception-action and integrated task-individual-environment (T-I-E) perspective
- Promote the use a task and goal oriented approach to assessment and intervention for infants with developmental delay and suspected CP.
- Promote an understanding of the dynamics of temperament, motivation and family environment and the carry over into daily routines.
- Provide opportunities for designing intervention strategies based on evidence based clinical reasoning.
Dates and cost
Gauteng 24-25 August 2019 Wits Physiotherapy Department
Cape Town 19-20 October 2019 Southern Suburbs
KZN 14-15 Sept 2019 UKZN Physiotherapy Department
Cost R1600 (Includes a 12 months subscription to the TOMT for Infants and Toddlers website)
CEU 12 will be applied for
Follow up mentoring Participants will be encouraged to participate and contribute to on-line discussions.
For more information
Programme and Booking Form
Click on link below to download